The Sabbatical Journal
The first official posting should be, with luck, on Wednesday July 13th.
That will be from the Atlanta airport as I start my trip. I say with luck because that post and many of the others will depend on finding a WiFi hotspot.
In several locations I will have access to a LAN connection but in those locations I probably won’t be able to load photos. But where I can I will.
Classes at Oxford, time at the Festival in Edinburgh with stops on the continent. Not a bad way to spend a sabbatical. I thank EarthLink for being enlightened enough to have sabbatical opportunities for their employees. Two months off to refresh oneself is something that doesn’t happen in many companies. I promise that I won’t be looking for a new job and will return ready to go. Unless of course I get lucky, then all bets are off.
I have “Brushed Up My Shakespeare” so I should be ready for that class. However, the creative writing class may prove to be more of a challenge. But all of it should be fun. I am doing something that I wish I had done years ago… but better late than never.
Student pubs, theatre, music, fish ‘n chips, new places to discover, traditional pubs, the Tate Modern, Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA), the Isle of Man, just plain pubs in general, Festival time in Edinburgh and best of all visiting with old friends will make this a trip to remember.
Did I mention the Pubs?

2 Comments:
Hi, Kenn,
We miss you in the weight management groups at Emory (not as much fun without you). I will be reading your blogs during your trip. I hope it is a happy and healthy one and that you are doing well with food.
Dr. Stan
Pubs? Whatever for? You don't drink beer. You hate Guiness, and it would ruin your low carb lifestyle.
Seriously, be careful, be well, be sordid, bohemian and bejeweled.
Hope the latest incidents don't sour your trip any.
Give Tony B. a big ole' fat red-white-and blue kiss.
Kurt
Post a Comment
<< Home