Jane Austen is a Chick Magnet
If you want to pick up babes and you are in summer school where there are chicks galore, you could not go wrong in the Jane Austen class. I just saw the make up of this summer’s intake and out of 14 eager students 12 of them were female. At the risk of being politically incorrect, the two guys didn’t look like there were there for the ladies.
While there is a fairly wide age range, these maidens fall into two distinct groups. There were the pail young ethereal creatures that are so thin and spare that if you held one up to the light you might be able to see right through them. The others were the old hippy earth mother types, which interestingly enough come in a wide age range, which includes a couple of the youngest classmates. While not all of them are dressed in full-length granny dresses and wearing sandals, they should be. Most of these you not only wouldn’t be able to see through, but you would have a hard time picking up.
But, beauties all.
For me, it’s like I’ve never been away. I’m sitting at the same desk as last year in the same wonderful room; it may take a crowbar for them to get me out this time. The English weather of lore grey, wet and cold met me. All in all a well-fulfilled fantasy type day, at least for an American who has read way too much modern British fiction. I’ve been told that tomorrow will bring clear bright blue skies and temperature in the mid-70’s. Which is good, as early in the morning I will be taking my first walk through the meadows and along the Thames. I want to see if my swans have a new family, and will Dad still be talking to me?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home