Foreshadowing this summer.
.
The trouble with taking that creative writing class in Oxford last summer is that now besides prose ramblings, you get to gaze at homework. I am taking a class in poetry this summer, and will soon demonstrate the truth of the old saying, “a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing”. Live in fear.
**************
The story of my life will be written,
first in bright crayola then in pale ink,
finally silent echoes in cyberspace.
A chronicle of an imperfect journey
I learned most from things forbidden
There were places I never intended to go.
But somehow, by not paying attention,
I arrived. I was always surprised;
astonished really.
I have been lucky.
Flashbacks of remarkable characters
effortlessly glide on the breeze of memory.
They float untroubled, waiting for me
to call them home.
I have seen wonderful things.
Images of delightful accomplices
playfully flicker on the loops of memory.
Sliding in and out of focus
yet, somehow, remaining crystal.
I have heard things meant for the Gods.
Echoes of astounding lives
speak gleefully of whispered memory
cloaking me in a cascade of stories.
They become my soundtrack.
It has been an incredible journey,
a pilgrimage of a thousands of souls.
Few tried to hurt me, and those who did.
I forgive.

1 Comments:
Another wonderful piece! So, you've heard things meant for the gods...sounds like the start of another poem!
Jo
Post a Comment
<< Home