Thursday, September 08, 2005

Notes from the Front

This morning I went to the park while it was still dark. I must admit I was a little nervous about that. There are enough strange people lurking during the daylight hours to make me think that an early morning stroll in the dark may not be a Phi Beta Kappa idea. However, when I got there people were out in force running or walking the well-lit paths. I figured if they weren’t worried then I should only be partially worried.

Things went well until I came upon the guy at the end of the walk. He was coming down the path screaming obscenities followed by the demand that everybody get out of his way. He was slight but powerful looking, an intense maniac with scary eyes. But, I’m a big, but powerful looking, fluffy pussycat. So, I got out of his way.

Life is getting in the way of my life. I’ve been back to work only since Tuesday and already I’m looking for my next vacation. Boy, two months off spoil a person.

So, I’m looking at starting a rotating collection to send me back to Oxford for the next semester. I’m sure there are a number of people who would gladly contribute to getting me out of town. They probably would pony up even more to get me off the continent altogether.

There will be a pledge drive coming up soon, so please have your checkbooks ready.

1 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Dear Kenn,

Know that you are not alone in your quest to meld the present with the blissful past. Bon voyage to us both!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home