Monday, December 19, 2005

Postcard from the Park

.
Bundle up:

Fleece is neat. That coupled with thermal long johns have me bundled up and out each morning for my walk through the park. As cold as it is, and it is beyond cold, all that stuff does keep me warm. It should be able to do the same for you.

However, there is something that I want to warn you about.

This last Sunday I slept in and didn’t get to the park until noon. I felt pretty good about getting out of bed, putting on my walking outfit and trudging on to the park. I didn’t think about the fact that noon is warmer than six in the morning. All those wonderful layer of fleece slowly went from warm and toasty to slow roast by half way through the walk.

Then the Piedmont Park strip started. First the gloves came off closely followed by the top jacket. Before long the next layer of shirt was being slipped over my head. To spare you the details just let me say that soon I was carrying more clothes than I was wearing.

I confess thinking that the long johns, which could never be confused with anything but what they were, might be the okay to finish up in. After all, they didn’t have the trap door, so how bad could it be?

Don’t worry I didn’t go that far. The idea of people in the park running away from me, screaming, was more than I wanted to deal with. Let’s face it; no one wants to see me striding through the park in my underwear.

On the other hand, that might be the start of some kind of new exercise program. We know about running, but if you add the screaming you must be burning more calories.

2 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Hmmm, screaming as a form of weight loss...this could be the next big fad!

 
At 3:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Squirrels are low in fat. Lightly fry....mmmm good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home