Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Big Apple calls:

I’m off to New York City this weekend and I am more than excited. When I graduated college I moved to NYC and lived there almost two years. It was a terrific time in my life and an interesting time for the city. There is no truth to the rumor, started by my boss that this was before electricity.

You have to remember this is the same man who found out, that during my cardioversion a couple of years ago, they would have to stop my heart during the procedure. He was sure that when you stop your heart, if even for just a moment, you are dead. He was willing to offer, what he called “real money” to be in the room when I died. I have always worried about this, but I am afraid to ask what he had been planning.

But, be that as it may, I am off to New York and I’m and ready. I haven’t been there for more years than I’m willing to admit and sure that there have been major changes. To begin with, the Trade Center Towers were built after I left the city and I had never had the chance to see them before they were gone. That whole concept is something that I don’t even want to think about, but somehow I can’t help it. I wonder if people going to the City for the first time feel a void as I do?

There has been much museum building since I was there and I am looking forward to that, big time. In fact, I think that three things that I am looking forward to the most are the museums, the walking and the time spent with friends. I suppose all three go hand in hand. The best possible scenario that I can imagine is walking through the Metropolitan or the Whitney with a friend right before we wonder off to find a pub. Boy, am I ready or what?

Anyhow, I’m sure that the City will provide me with more stimulation than I can handle. I will share what is new and what is the same over the next few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home