We never grow up, do we?
It is coming up on Halloween and for people here at work that is a big deal. Friends of mine that work in the brick and mortar industries seem to enjoy the holiday for the same reasons we do. They love to break out of the mold and play dress up.
But even that standard is optional. Our more that casual mode of dress goes from the mailroom all the way up to the Vice Presidential level. I have seen the bosses not only wearing jean, but sometimes in the summer they will show up in shorts. A vice president’s pale white legs are something you could use to scare your children.
But even that standard is optional. This mode of dress goes from the mailroom all the way up to the Vice Presidential level. I have seen the bosses not only wearing jean, but sometimes in the summer they will show up in shorts. A vice president’s pale white legs are something you could use to scare your children.
Which leads me to the question, in our environment how we know what are the costumes and what is just a different version of today’s apparel? I suppose the mask might give it away, but after working with some of the call center agents in Pasadena I’m not sure using that guideline works.
But we do use it as an opportunity to break out and at least justify our normal workaday wardrobe. Some people also go for decorating their work area big time. We even have contest and give away prizes that no one really wants to the winners of the various categories.
Speaking of Halloween, did you notice that the category ends with the word Gory? A coincidence? I think not.
In our area we have a pop luck with each of us bring themed food items. I’m sure that the food will be plentiful and, as they say on the Food Channel - Good Eats.
The real interesting thing about this is the names that people are dreaming up for their food offerings. Things like “Southwest Transylvanian Bat Salad, Blood Covered Bat Wings, EvilWurst and my favorite “Zombie Eyeballs in Pus.”
Remember when we were children we tried to out gross each other? I don’t know about little girls but this was a great game for the little boys. Each of us taking turns trying to gross out the other members of the circle. The boy standing at the end of the contest was the guy that could make the grosses things imaginable. You won when you came up with something that was so gross everybody would just go “Ewwww” and give up.
Here we are, supposedly adults, reverting to childhood as we dress up and see if we can find ways to out-gross each other. Other than the fact that now the little girls have gotten bigger and joined in on the fun, it is pretty much the same game. Things never really change.
So far with our group I think there is clearly an obvious winner. I must confess, proudly that the “Zombie Eyeballs in Pus” is my contribution. As a child I almost always won this game. Now all I have to do is come up with some kind of dish that fits the description.

3 Comments:
Ah...perhaps you should try the "litterbox cake"
http://catlady99.tripod.com/litterboxcake.htm
mmm, mmm good, although kinda gritty.
How about marshamallows in clotted cream for your zombie eyeballs in pus?
Not bad suggestions, wish I had them before I went off an invented my own dish. Simple, really. What I did was take three bunches of black and red grapes and mixed them several cartons of no fat whipped cream. Then with diffeNot bad suggestions, wish I had them before I went off an invented my own dish. Simple, really. What I did was take three bunches of black and red grapes and mixed them several cartons of no fat whipped cream. Then with different colored icing decoration tubes I build one pretty good large bloodshot eye, which is now floating on a sea of ogre puss. If that doesn’t make you want to invest in the new restaurant I’m thinking of opening, I don’t know what will. On top of everything else I have new low fat, low calorie desert. People seemed to enjoy it. Of course, it helped that I was standing there with an ax. Threats are great for the appetite. rent colored icing decoration tubes I build one pretty good large bloodshot eye, which is now floating on a sea of ogre puss. If that doesn’t make you want to invest in the new restaurant I’m thinking of opening, I don’t know what will. On top of everything else I have new low fat, low calorie desert. People seemed to enjoy it. Of course, it helped that I was standing there with an ax. Threats are great for the appetite.
Post a Comment
<< Home