Sunday, October 02, 2005

Want a friend? Take a camera.

Back in the park I had decided that I would take a few snapshots. I have talked about it enough so I though I should do a bit of show and tell. Of course, there is also the contrast between Piedmont and the Meadows at Christ Church.

There are several striking images that catch my eye each morning, but the overriding one is the city behind every tree. No matter where you turn you see, on the horizon, tall office buildings. In Oxford you see spires of Medieval churches and towers of the various colleges. But in the park at Piedmont it is the modern sky scrapper. In both places with each stone you still get a tree and I guess that is something.

Last Saturday I went to the park a little latter than normal and I took my camera. I also took my time and by the end of the walk I had over 2oo exposures. I will have a few selected ones up on “Traveling with Kenn” later this week.

But, what was most interesting was the reaction of the other people in the park. Most mornings we pass each other seldom making eye contact. The runners never lower themselves to even nod at us lowly walkers. The walkers are a little better, but not near as friendly as the group in Oxford.

I found out this weekend that if you want people to notice you, nod to you or speak to you in the park, start taking pictures. I kid you not! Almost every body I passed, including the runners, nodded or in some way acknowledged me. Admittedly I was taking shots of stuff that most people would have missed and I think that caught everybody’s attention. I wondered if each were hopping I would focus on them. After all when you work that hard to get into shape, someone should pay attention.

Next week I think I’ll go to the large mall in Lenox Square and see if shoppers are as fascinated my a camera as the people in the park. I know you are fascinated so I’ll be sure to let you know.


..............C:..........S:
S:.........1390......15379
M:........1385........9012
T:.........1940......12079
W:........2820.....13884
T:.........3760.....11868
F:..........1630.....11505
S:.........1810......14283

3 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Thank you for providing my diary- fix for the day -- maybe if I didn't look forward to reading yours so much, I would keep my own journal! I've never been to Atlanta, so am pleased to hear you're planning to show pix. Also, I'd like to find out how to add photos to a blog.

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jo:

As we say in the Internet business, we will take that off line. I'll drop you a line talking you through adding pictures. Remember, send me your blog address and I'll post it on the Artful Liar.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Kenn said...

Jo:

don't know why it listed me as anonymous, I know who I am.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home