God's teachings
One of the things that I admire most during my morning walk are the ladies pushing the baby carriage. Interestingly enough, most of them are runners and two of them are pushing twins. I think that is the best. Young people who were probably in shape before and now intend to get it all back. Good for them.
I also think of the child. One of their first memories will be ridding through the park, the wind in their face, doing what to them must seem like flying. That is a great memory to look forward too.
These ladies don’t intimidate me as they are young, healthy and feeling vital. I have none of those qualities; I’m just trying to keep my heart from sending me to the farm.
I make pretty good time around the park. Not many in my age group can out walk me. I don’t dawdle, I pick them up and I put them down. People who pass me are usually younger and most of them are runners. There are a few power walkers that blow by me, but even the younger walkers have to work to pass me by.
This morning I heard someone coming up behind me and from the speed of the footsteps I knew I had a walker. He passed me and that was okay, until…
He was wearing sweat pants and matching shirt. The sweat pants had a carpenter’s pocket on both sides. I had never seen that before, but hold on, that is germane to the story. He was about my age and like most of us he had his headphones on and plugged into an iPod. While I don’t like being passed by another walker my age, it happens so I get over it. But, and I’m not making this up, this guy was reading. He had some notebook sized pages in his hand and without looking up he was pulling away from me and he was reading. There were several more pages loaded in both sides of his carpenter’s pockets. Do you understand? He was not only walking faster, but… HE WAS READING.
Okay, yesterday I didn’t go out for my morning walk nor did I keep as close to my diet as I should. The new Terry Pratchett book just came out and when that happens all bets are off. I spent the day doing nothing but reading. I should have walked, but I read. I should have been more careful with my calories, but I nibbled as I read.
God’s moves in mysterious ways. It seem his little lessons can be taught through humiliation.
...........C:.......... S: ...........NT (min):
S:.....2100.....4498
M:....1955 .....11469......20
T:.....1340.....5831........40
W:....1315......13691
T:.....1310......11810......20
F:....3135 ....11675
S:.....2820....3881

5 Comments:
The numbers at the bottom of your post are some kind of code. I missed the explination. ECF
Calories, steps and Nordic Track minutes
total for week posted each Sunday
Oh, I thought NT stood for "nap time"!
Nordic Track translates to nap time in Norwegian
What a great comeback! I roared!
Post a Comment
<< Home