Monday, October 31, 2005

Not only did he lie, but he is remiss as well.


The remiss part? I have been delinquent in my numbers. Here is the last three weeks.


But, more importantly the excuse for my slight misstatement:

I know that I said that I was finished with the park essays, but things keep happening that I just can’t let go unreported.

It’s cold out. This Southern California Boy just doesn’t do real well with cold. It seems to me that San Diego has the perfect climate. Between the ocean and the first range of mountains the year round temperature is 74 degrees, plus or minus 2 degrees. Any way you slice that you come back with perfection. Never too hot and never too cold, and on top of that a great place to live.

This morning at the park it was a little over 40 degrees. That, my friends, is way to cold for anybody except crazies, which it would appear I have become. I refuse to give into the weather; I will not let it stop me from my morning walk. I do a hour out there and I refuse not to do an hour out there. Nothing will stop me from my appointed rounds.

Of course, that is a lot of big talk. The only thing that gets me out there is guilt, and if I can find a way around that I’ll sleep in every time.

But, here I am this morning pulling on a pair of thermal long johns, a pair of fleece long pants, a thermal shirt with a heavy sweatshirt, and that covered with a fleece zip up jacket. Add the hat and gloves and right there you have the Pillsbury Doughboy ready for his morning roll around the neighborhood.

Out I go expecting to see a lot of other bundled people. However, I am in the park almost by myself. No other walkers, which seems strange, but there are a few runners. I hate these guys. Some have gloves and even heavy sweat shirts, but all of them are in running shorts. I harbor really bad thoughts about that whole group.

But the real reason I haven’t finished my Park essays is my local Transvestite. Not only had he/she braved the cold to work the park but today’s ensemble was truly smashing. The hot pink running suit, with silver and gold sequins on the shoulders and sleeves was accented by matching gloves and wooly scarf, and topped off with one of the best wig hats I’ve ever seen. A rolled up Navy pea cap; complete with sequins covered a long hair wig that had been puffed out in Shirley Temple curls. A terrific salute to winter. How can I not report that?

1 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Kenn, do you know the name of the transvestite? Not many of us can claim the presence in our lives of such a, well, presence...

And re your daily stats, were you invited to a banquet last Saturday? Hope you enjoyed every last calorie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home