Out of the three mistakes I’m allowed a decade, I just made number two. This means only one allowed for the next five years…I’m worried.
A couple of post back I posted a photo of the Great Hall where we have our meals. I mentioned that you should think of the Great Hall at Hogwarts because it looked something like the one at Christ Church. It looks like the one a Christ Church because it is the one at Christ Church.
J.K. Rollins came here on a tour and the Hall here became her model for the one that Harry and the guys use. Hollywood sent set designers who took plenty of photos and measurement and such, then in a large sound stage build a replica.
Lastly, they brought the cast and crew here for a meal. Had them sit in their locations and had Dumbledore at the High Table. In other words, they got a chance to have the same experience I had, except where I paid they got paid. But unfortunately for them, they didn’t get the Shakespeare.
This, of course, also explains why the kids are all here and clogging the street. They all want to get a glimpse of the Great Hall at Hogwarts. The Gate Porters head them off at the front gate, send them around to the back and at certain times of the day will let them sneak a peek.
I’m not sure that’s a good idea; it will just encourage them.
But the Porters also tell me that since the bombing in London business here has picked up. No subways in Oxford. I hate everything implied in that sentence
But, on to other topics… I’ve finished the first week and it has been a ball. The weather has been great, though this weekend is supposed to have rain both days. But, as we get weekends off, I’m sure there may be a pub or two that might welcome my custom. I’ll let you know.

2 Comments:
Hogwarts, huh? I think I just decided on the next thing to add to the Kenn is in London mural. :-)
be still, my foolish heart
Post a Comment
<< Home