Thanks for the memories
Friday morning and this is the end of the fifth week of my sabbatical. Thanks for pointing that out Lena. It doesn’t seem possible that the time has gone by so quickly. I am still living with the memories of Oxford and I know that will continue for a while. I’ve even finished with the Belgium leg of the adventure and am now off to Scotland.
For those keeping score I’m still not set on where I am going to spend the last three open days in my schedule before I head home. I decided against Madrid and was leaning toward Stratford-upon-Avon but the stories about the crowds put me off. I dealt with mobs of teenagers in Oxford and know that I will get even more mobs in Edinburgh so I think I need a mob break. I was temped to return to the Isle of Man for the three days because there were several places I would have liked to explore. But, I’m not sure about that.
It has been suggested that I might want to look at Rye in East Sussex as a good place to spend those days. I’ve even been recommended a good hotel, so that might be a place to spent some time. I’ve never been to that part of England and I understand that it is a beautiful and has more than its share of good walks and good pubs. What more could a person want.
If there is a Starbucks near my hotel in Edinburgh I will be putting up new photo pages on “Traveling with Kenn.” Those will be the last of the Belgium trip, and of course, that great fountain.
Once again, I would like to thank Lena for pointing out how little time I have left before its back to the grindstone.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home